About Us
4ever.news
Imagen destacada
  • Politics
  • Trump
By 4ever.news
6 hours ago
Trump Keeps Iran on the Clock as Military Options Stay on the Table

President Donald Trump is once again proving he negotiates from strength, not from a yoga mat. According to a report citing two U.S. officials who spoke with Reuters, potential U.S. military strikes on Iran could include targeting specific individuals and even pursuing regime change if necessary. These options are reportedly being discussed at the planning stage, should Trump decide to give the order.

The officials did not identify which individuals could be targeted, but history offers a clue. In 2020, Trump authorized the strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Quds Force, sending a very clear message that threats to American interests come with consequences. Apparently, Tehran still remembers that lesson — funny how deterrence works when you actually use it.

The USS Gerald R. Ford is heading to the Middle East as the U.S. is building up its military presence there, amid talks with Iran. (U.S. Naval Forces Central Command / U.S. 6th Fleet / Handout via Reuters)

Trump said Friday he is “considering” a limited military strike to pressure Iran into making a deal over its nuclear program. Translation: negotiate seriously, or don’t complain about the alternative. When asked last week about regime change in Iran, Trump responded that it “seems like that would be the best thing that could happen,” a remark that probably caused some very nervous pacing in Tehran.

The president also made it clear the clock is ticking. On Thursday, he said Iran has “10, 15 days, pretty much maximum” to reach an agreement. In classic Trump fashion, he summed it up bluntly: “We’re either going to get a deal, or it’s going to be unfortunate for them.” Not exactly subtle, but subtlety has never stopped a bad nuclear program.

In 2020, the Pentagon said President Donald Trump ordered the U.S. military strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, left, in Iraq. (Getty Images)

A Middle Eastern source familiar with the talks told Fox News Digital that Tehran understands how close the risk of war feels and is unlikely to deliberately provoke Trump right now. However, the source added that Iran refuses to accept limits on its short-range missile program, calling it a red line set by Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Iranian negotiators are not authorized to cross that boundary, and any concession on missiles would be seen at home as the equivalent of losing a war.

So here we are: Trump offering a deal, Iran clinging to missiles, and the world watching to see who blinks first. Unlike past administrations that begged for talks, Trump is making it clear that peace is available — but only on terms that protect America and its allies. Strength, deadlines, and real consequences are back in foreign policy, and that’s exactly how serious negotiations get results.